Lack Of Sleep Side Effects: The Truth About Lack of Sleep And Weight Gain


Are you overweight or even obese? You may not be getting enough sleep.

One of the biggest lack of sleep side effects is fat. Research has linked lack of sleep and weight gain.

Here's why sleep has such an impact on your efforts to get thin.

When you're fat, you spend a lot of time trying this or that eating plan and trying this or that exercise routine. 

You may be starving yourself. You may be doing lower ab exercises or exercises for love handles. But you're probably not sleeping enough.

One of the known effects of not getting enough sleep is weight gain.

Why?

The answer has to do with the work your body needs to do to keep you healthy.

Your body does its thing while you rest. This makes sense. 

When you're moving around doing the kind of moderate exercise everyone recommends but actually doesn't work as well as they say it does, or when you're doing chores or work, your body is occupied keeping up with what you're doing.


It doesn't have time to clean out your cells or clean out your fat stores.

You need to give your body adequate time to do these things. And that's what rest is for.

The truth is that most obese people aren't lazy. Most of them aren't resting enough!

I've come to understand that that's my problem. I've been baffled by how I could get so big and work out two hours a day five or six days a week.

Now I know I was doing the wrong kind of exercise and I was doing too much of it, and I wasn't getting enough sleep.


Sleep researchers have discovered that we our sleep cycles are about ninety minutes. 

To get healthy sleep, you need to have enough of these cycles. If you don't get enough, or you don't get any because you wake up so often, you never complete a cycle, you'll get fat.

I know this from personal experience. Life stresses in the last couple years interrupted my sleep to an extent that I never slept for longer than twenty or thirty minutes at a time.

And I got fatter and fatter in spite of eating healthy and exercising.


Now that I've learned to manage the stress with meditation and other techniques, I get my full sleep cycles.

Ideally, you need about five of these cycles, or about 7 1/2 hours of sleep, each night to optimize your body's ability to burn fat. 

Studies have shown that your body needs this much time to do its maintenance and repair work.

Lack of sleep and weight gain are documented. If you want to avoid the lack of sleep side effect of fat, take steps to find ways to relax and feel better about your life so you can get the rest you need.

Knowledge is one thing; action is another. Discover the one thing you must know if you want to get rid of fat while you sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts